Student Link Conference
Student Link Conferences help Link Leaders from across the country to connect with one another and increase their leadership skills while engaging in play. They are also a great way for Link Leaders to see that they are a part of a larger community that is focused on developing leadership and improving school culture.
Link Crew certified coordinators are invited to bring their Link Leaders to a celebratory half-day conference hosted by Boomerang Project in schools throughout the United States.
- The day will begin in the gym at 8:00 AM and end at 12:15 PM (unless otherwise noted - please look over your confirmation email carefully)
- We will provide a snack at approximately 10:30 AM
- Please have your Link Leaders wear their Link Crew T-shirts
A Boomerang Project Speaker will guide your leaders through a series of mixers and activities that will allow them to connect with Link Leaders from around their area. The focus is to celebrate them for providing a powerful and positive experience for your incoming class. Your Leaders will also hear a keynote that will inspire them to return to school with an even greater concern for other students and campus culture.
There will also be a session for coordinators to gather ideas from other schools participating in Link Crew.
What's the Day Look Like?
Basic Conference Format
- Welcome and Introductory Keynote with this year's theme
- Playnote: Leaders engage with leaders, building leadership through play
- Break Time! (This involves a snack, and often a spontaneous dance party!)
- Skill Building: We work interactively with your leaders to build skills and awareness, helping them to become even better Link Leaders at your school.
- Swap Shop: We offer time and structure to have leaders share their best ideas with other leaders. Have them come prepared to share!
- Closing Keynote: Our speakers will inspire your leaders to go back and make a HUGE difference at your school. Prepare to handle the motivation!